In Macomb County, MI, the police have to mandatorily approach the local criminal court for the issue of active arrest warrants. In fact, the local law enforcement agency cannot even put a bench warrant into effect on their own. To put it simply, the judiciary, and not law and order agencies, retains the right of issuing detention instruments like arrest warrants.
Because many justice entities come together for the warrant’s issue and execution, it is only natural for them all to retain arrest records and information about outstanding warrants. Needless to say, this bodes well for people who are interested in conducting Macomb warrant searches. They are never too far away from an agency that can get the details on arrest warrants.
Generally, people start their hunt for warrant details at the sheriff’s post. So, it is not uncommon to see people lining up at the public services or the records division of the sheriff’s head office at 43565 Elizabeth Rd, Mt Clemens, Michigan 48043, waiting for the clerk to retrieve their search results for them.
Although the law enforcement agency has a strict policy concerning the method that can be used for the dissemination of such data, it is possible to make a formal request for the search even over the phone by calling on 586-469-5151
The county clerk’s office and the magistrate’s court are usually second and third in line when it comes to a preferred state agency approached for access to criminal history information. These agencies are located at:
- County clerk: 10 North Gratiot, Mt. Clemens, Michigan 48043
- Magistrate: 35071 23 Mile Rd, New Baltimore, MI 48047
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Macomb County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the local police at 586-469-5151
- In order to learn about the process for accessing police and arrest reports, contact the Records Division at 586-307-9393.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 586-469-7339.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 586-752-9679 (42nd District Court), 586-445-5020 (38th District Court), 586-757-8333 (37th District Court), 586-293-3137 (39th District Court), 586-445-5280 (40th District Court), 586-446-2500 (41A District Court), 586-469-9300 (41B District Court) and 586-469-5150 (16th Circuit Court).
Crime statistics of Macomb County
The annual crime average of Macomb County decreased by 5% in 2019, standing at 1318 incidents. The violent crime rate was in the vicinity of 272 cases. Of the crimes reported in 2019, 69 were cases of rape and 172 were aggravated assaults. Of the complaints filed against property crimes, 758 were against larceny-theft while burglaries accounted for 193 complaints.
Although Macomb does not rank particularly high in the list of counties of its size for the crime rate, every year, well over 166,000 crimes are reported in the area. While the bulk of these at 11% is property crimes, the felonies raise the alarm with most. The county also receives almost 10 homicide complaints and well over 160 sexual assault cases each year.