The only way to perform a warrant search in Berrien County, MI, is to take a trip down to one or all the state agencies that offer information on active arrest warrants. These include the county clerk’s office, the magistrate’s court, and the sheriff’s department. Like many other counties in the state, Berrien has failed to take advantage of technological progress, so a bit of leg work will be in order.
To look for outstanding warrants through the sheriff’s department, you will have to go through the records or the public services division of the sheriff’s office. They are based at the law enforcement agency’s head office at 919 Port St, St Joseph, Michigan 49085. You will have to take a photo ID and the information about your subject to request the search.
While at the sheriff’s department, you may be asked to wait a day before the results of your inquiry are handed out to you. Things work differently at the Berrien County clerk’s office. Here, you can request information on arrest warrants in BerrienCounty in print format from the department staff; for this, you will have to pay a small fee.
However, if your inquiry is more personal in nature and you do not need a document in hand, you can browse through the court dockets using the public service terminals. To visit the clerk of court’s office, you can go to 701 Main Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.
Finally, at the magistrate’s court, you will only need to furnish a personal ID and information about your subject, and they will put this through their database to get the results for you. To visit this agency, drive to 811 Port Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085.
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Berrien County over the phone? (2021-data)
- Call the Berrien County Jail for information on arrests and inmates: 269-983-7141, ext. 7777.
- Contact Records for police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records: 269-983-7141, extension 7211.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office through the switchboard phone number for general questions: 269-983-3060.
- Call the Detective Division for information on a criminal investigation: 269-983-7141, ext. 7224.
- Call the Clerk of Court for a case search: 269-983-7111 (Circuit Court) and 269-684-5274 (District Court).
- Contact Victim’s Services to get help for victims and witnesses: 269-983-7111.
Crime statistics of Berrien County
Berrien County’s yearly crime average increased by 9% in 2019, to 806 incidents. The annual violent crime rate stood at 117, and included 37 rape cases and 73 serious assaults.
More than 532 of the complaints made against property crimes were for larceny-theft, while over 106 were for burglaries.
From 1999 till the year 2008, over 30,000 crimes were reported in Berrien County, Michigan. Although only about 4500 of these were violent in nature, this 13% did include over 3o murders and 500 rapes.