In Lapeer County, Michigan, an active arrest warrant can be issued for many reasons, from failing to show up in court as ordered to being accused of involvement in a serious felony or misdemeanor. It is vital to understand that arrest warrants issued in such matters are very different from summons and bench warrants.
The former is usually a tool used by the judiciary to call in witnesses to testify. The latter is an arrest order that is generally issued in civil matters, like for the nonpayment of domestic dues. However, regardless of which legal instrument is being used to bring the accused in, both the state judicial and the law and order system will be involved in the process.
So, if you want to go in for a warrant search, approaching any one of the departments that fall under these umbrella categories will help. For instance, when enlisting the judiciary’s help to seek arrest records, you can either go to the magistrate’s court or the office of the Lapeer county clerk.
The magistrate’s court is directly associated with the warrant issue procedure in Lapeer. In contrast, the involvement of the clerk of court is indirect at best, as they merely save all information about warrant trials in the court dockets.
- The magistrate’s court: This judicial office can be found at 255 Clay St, Lapeer.
- The clerk of court’s office: To visit this judicial entity, head to 279 North Court Street, Lapeer, Michigan 48446.
All information related to criminal history can also be availed from the office of Lapeer County sheriff, which is located at 3231 John Conley Drive, Lapeer, Michigan 48446. At this point, the law enforcement agency does not offer an online most wanted list or any facility for an internet-based search for outstanding warrants.
If you need information on Lapeer County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- Inquiries pertaining to recent arrests: 810-664-1801 ext. 2314/2315.
- Requests for arrest records, police reports and inmate records: 810-667-0440.
- Community safety related details: 810-667-0292 (non-emergency dispatch phone number)
- Information pertaining to inmate services: 810-667-0445 Ext. 2343.
- Questions pertaining to a criminal matter: 810-245-1382.
- Inquiries from victims about the assistance available to them: 810-667-0326
- Requests for criminal court records: 810-667-0314 (District Court) and 810-667-0320 (Circuit Court)
Crime statistics of Lapeer County
Between 2018 and 2019, Lapeer County’s crime rate decreased by about 30%, from an annual average of 337 incidents to 235. In 2019, 180 complaints were submitted for property offences, while the rest were for violent crimes.
More than 112 reports were filed for larceny-thefts, and over 44 complaints were filed for burglary. Around 27 allegations of aggravated assault were among the 55 complaints lodged against violent crimes.
With an annual crime rate of fewer than 1300 incidents, Lapeer County, Michigan, has not evoked concerns despite the 61% rise in its crime rates over the 8 years, from 2001 to 2008. Of the nearly 10,000 crimes reported in the area during this time, only about 800 were violent in nature, while a good 12,000 plus were somehow related to property damage and theft.