Arrest warrants issued in Branch County, Michigan, are certainly no trivial matter. For one, they grant law enforcement officials very specific and almost unrestricted powers when it comes to taking the accused into custody. The police can apprehend a person who has an active arrest warrant against him from any part of the county and even the country.
So, unlike a bench warrant that is restricted to the area in which it was released, an order for detention issued in a felony can be executed at any place with no binding of time. So, the alleged offender can be picked up from his home or office or even a third party premises at any time of the day or night.
Once detained under the provisions of an outstanding warrant, the accused has no other option but to wait for a hearing where a judge will decide whether the person can be released on bail. Depending on prior arrest records and the individual’s risk level, the court reserves the right to deny bail.
If warrants are issued for misdemeanor charges, the arrest order is issued with the bail amount stated on it. If the offender posts this amount, he will be released almost immediately after arrest. Getting a bail bond agent to offer the security deposit helps in this scenario. Arrest records and details on Branch County warrant search can be procured from no less than three states departments, which include:
- The office of the sheriff: 580 Marshall Rd, Coldwater, Michigan 49036; tel no: 517-278-2325
- The office of the magistrate: 31 Division St, Coldwater, MI 49036; tel no: 517-279-4306
- The office of the clerk of court: Same as above
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Branch County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Phone number for information about arrests and an inmate search- 517-278-2942.
- Phone number of the Records Division for requesting police reports (accident and arrest records)- 517-278-2325
- Phone number of non-emergency dispatch for general questions- 517- 278-3091.
- Phone number of the Victim-Witness Service for help offered to victims of crime- 517-279-6435
- Phone number of the Clerk of Court for judicial records- District Court -517-279-4304 or Circuit Court- 517-279-4308.
Crime statistics of Branch County
The Branch Sheriff’s Office received 132 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to the 115 criminal instances of 2018. There were 119 property offenses and 13 violent crimes among them.
Around 67 larceny thefts, 38 burglaries, and 14 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 10 aggravated assaults and 3 rapes were included in the violent crimes category.
Branch County, Michigan witnesses almost 800 incidents of crime each year; this brings the total number of crimes from 2000 through 2008 to just about 7000 incidents. While not a particularly bleak figure, these instances of crime did include over 500 cases of violent criminal acts.