There are scores of options for conducting an arrest warrant search in Baraga County, MI. Not only are the offices of the county clerk, the magistrate, and the sheriff included in this mix but also private agencies that offer information on nationwide arrest records and outstanding warrants form a part of this group of entities.
To approach a state agency, you have two options, you can use the addresses listed below to make your presence felt at the department office, or you could write to the agency of your choosing. Remember that the latter can set your search back by several days as it can easily take 7 to 10 business days to receive a response to mailed-in inquiries.
- The Police: 12 N Third St, L’Anse, Michigan 49946
- The court: 16 S 3rd St, L’Anse, MI 49946
- The clerk of court: 12 North 3rd Street, L Anse, Michigan 49946
If you visit any of these departments in person; you need to understand that to access data on Baraga County active warrants and arrests, you will need to offer information about yourself by carrying a photo ID along. Of course, you will also be asked to offer personal identifiers about the subject of your search. People who prefer to go through private agencies will find this option far more convenient as they provide details on arrest warrants through online means.
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Baraga County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For information on arrests, call the non-emergency dispatch phone number- (906) 524-6100 Ext. 695.
- For inmate records and prisoner searches specific to the Baraga Correctional Facility, call (906) 275-5100.
- For judicial records pertaining to misdemeanor crimes, contact the Clerk of the District Court at (906) 524-6100 ext. 202.
- For a case search of a felony crime, contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court at (906) 524-6100 ext. 301.
- For victim’s assistance, call the Baraga County Victim-Witness Advocate at (906) 524-5440.
Crime statistics of Baraga County
In 2019, the Baraga Sheriff’s Office received 18 criminal complaints, compared to 26 in 2018. There were 15 property offenses and 3 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 9 larceny thefts, 4 burglaries, and 2 motor vehicle thefts. All cases filed in the violent crimes category were against assault.
Baraga County, Michigan, is one of the state’s areas with a conspicuously low crime rate. Annually, no more than 30 criminal incidents are reported in the region, and only about 5% of these are criminal acts that would qualify as violent. These figures may not hold in the near future given the doubling of the violent crime rate and an increase of almost 80% seen in overall criminal activity.