An active arrest warrant issued in your name in Muskegon County, Michigan, is undoubtedly an open invitation for trouble. You are exposing yourself to the imminence of being taken into custody, and when you are arrested, you will be treated as an absconder and may be denied bail.
So, if you suspect that Muskegon county’s criminal database may have an outstanding warrant in your name, it would be best to find out about it at the earliest and get in touch with a lawyer who can sort the situation for you. Based on the seriousness of the crime, you could pay bail and escape jail time, or your attorney may have to get into some serious negotiations on your behalf.
Either way, the starting point of the process is a warrant search, and for this, you can approach:
Law enforcement: The Muskegon sheriff’s office maintains records of arrest warrants at the county level along with state Patrol/Police and the FBI that has a central repository of arrest orders, including bench warrants from all across the country. To access the information in the sheriff’s database, you will have to visit the law enforcement agency office at 25 W Walton Ave, Muskegon, Michigan 49442.
Judiciary: Two judicial entities also offer data on arrest orders: the magistrate’s court and the county clerk’s office. These agencies play varying roles in the judicial makeup of the area; while the magistrate issues the warrant, the clerk of court merely maintains information about it in the court dockets. They can be contacted at
- The magistrate’s court: 990 Terrace St, Muskegon, MI 49440
- The county clerk’s office: County Building Register of Deeds, Muskegon, Michigan 49442
If you need information on Muskegon County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- Use the non-emergency dispatch phone line to get information about arrests- 231-724-6500.
- Call Corrections if you’re looking for records of inmates or are interested in an inmate search- 231-724-7177.
- Contact the Records Division for anything that’s related to arrests, incidents, and accidents- 231-724-6351.
- Contact the Detective Division for questions about criminal cases- 231-724-6658.
- Contact the Victim Service Coordinator’s Office in case you need victim assistance-231-724-6870.
- Call the Office of the Clerk of Court to learn about the process for initiating a judicial record search-231-724-6283 (District Court) and 231-724-6251 (Circuit Court).
Crime statistics of Muskegon County
The Sheriff’s Office of Muskegon County handled approximately 489 criminal matters in 2019. Of the total number of complaints filed, around 421 were against property crimes while 68 were against violent crimes.
With 314 cases, larceny theft had the highest occurrence rate of all property crimes. Burglary brought in around 87 complaints. Aggravated assault cases formed the bulk of violent crimes at 36 incidents.
Through the ten-year interval from 1999 to 2008, over 76,000 crimes took place in Muskegon County, Michigan. Not all of these were violent felonies like sexual assault and homicide. In fact, only 37 murders and approximately 900 rapes were reported in the area during this period. The remaining crime complaints lodged with local police were against instances of property crime.