In Oakland County, Michigan, the court services division of the local sheriff’s office is charged with maintaining communication with the judicial make-up of the county. This means that the court services division plays a crucial part in procuring active arrest warrants for the deputies. All detention orders, including bench warrants, are sent to this wing of law enforcement; from here, they are handed over to the deputies for execution.
When you walk into the sheriff’s office searching for Oakland outstanding warrant information, you will have to make your way to the department’s public services division. Alternatively, you may also be directed to the records or the administrative division. Together all these sub-agencies handle the maintenance of arrest records and disseminate information about arrest warrants to members of the public. For a most wanted list, you can check HTTP: https://www.oakgov.com/sheriff/Pages/most_wanted/default.aspx.
Whether you take the judicial option to warrant search or choose to go the law enforcement way, you will be expected to make a formal request for the information you need. Most agencies will even charge you a small fee to retrieve the details you want from their databases. Ideally, you should start your investigation at the office of the sitting magistrate. This is located at 1200 N Telegraph Rd, Pontiac, MI 48328.
If the information provided by this agency is not extensive enough, try the county clerk’s office. This agency is in charge of the criminal and civil court dockets, and a request for criminal history information will get you access to this database. To reach the office of the clerk of court, head to the same justice center that houses the magistrate’s court.
Finally, also visit the sheriff’s department. Situated at 1200 North Telegraph Road Building 38E, Pontiac, Michigan 48341, the local police maintain extensive warrant and arrest records from Oakland. They are always happy to offer these details in the interest of community safety.
Is it possible to get information on Oakland County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Data on recent arrests: (248) 858-1800.
- Generic details from the Sheriff’s Office: (248) 858-5000.
- Arrest records and police reports: (248) 858-5011.
- Case-specific information on a criminal complaint: (248) 858-5087.
- Details about assistance available to witnesses and victims: (248) 858-1059.
- County Judicial records: District Court- (248) 547-3034 –Hazel Park/ (248) 547-8700 –Ferndale/(248) 583-1800– Madison Heights/(248) 246-3600– 44th District Court/(248) 796-5800 –46th District Court/(248) 871-2900 –47th District Court/(248) 647-1141—48th District Court/(248) 758-3800 –50th District Court/ (248) 674-4655 –51st District Court/ (248) 305-6080 –52nd District Court and 6th Circuit Court- (248) 858-0345.
Crime statistics of Oakland County
Almost 60 criminal complaints were filed by the Oakland Sheriff’s Department in 2019, compared to the 55 crimes reported in 2018. The figure included 37 property offenses and 23 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 30 larceny thefts
- 2 burglaries
- 5 motor vehicle thefts
- 12 aggravated assaults
- 6 rapes, and
- 5 robberies
With over 300,000 crimes reported over the decade that ended in 2008 and a whopping 10% of those being violent criminal incidents, the crime scene is bleak enough to get residents concerned. In fact, over the ten-year period, crime rates have only increased dismally, yet over 30,000 criminal reports are filed in Oakland every year.