The county of Monroe in Michigan is just another area that fails to offer an online solution for people who want to conduct a warrant search. Although arrest records are held by judicial agencies as well as the sheriff’s office, neither agency has shown keenness on putting up the information on outstanding warrants that they hold on the internet.
So, if you want to know whether a new employee or acquaintance has an active warrant in his her name in Monroe County, you will have to personally drive down to the office of the county sheriff or magistrate. While you are in the area, it would also make sense to drop in at the county clerk’s office as they work in the capacity of the record holders for the judicial system.
The sheriff’s office: This agency is located at 100 E Second St, Monroe, Michigan 48161. You will have to visit the records clerk and file a written request for information on arrest warrants. It usually takes 24 hrs for the department to retrieve the results for you.
The county clerk’s office: A judicial, administrative department, the county clerk’s office is based out of 106 East 1st Street, Monroe, Michigan 48161. They can offer you information on criminal as well as civil cases.
The magistrate’s court: The county courthouse is home to the magistrate’s office, and it is also located at the county courthouse at 106 East 1st Street in Monroe.
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Monroe County over the phone? (2021-data)
- To find information about recent arrests, call the inmate information line- 734-240-7430.
- To provide information about a wanted fugitive and to access details on active warrants, get in touch with Sheriff’s Office at 734-240-7070.
- To get access to prisoner records, call the Jail Sergeant at 734-240-7486.
- To check on the progress of a criminal investigation, call the Criminal Investigations Unit at 734-240-7530.
- To access an arrest report or other police reports, call the Records Division at 734-240-7415.
- To obtain basic information or submit a non-emergency complaint, call the following phone number 734-240-7700.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at 734-240-7075 (District Court- Monroe), 734-848-4771 (District Court- Erie) and 734-240-7020 (Circuit Court).
- To ask about victim’s assistance, call the Monroe County Prosecutor’s Office at 734-240-7607.
Crime statistics of Monroe County
The Monroe Sheriff’s Department recorded 1479 criminal complaints in 2018. There were 1287 property offenses and 192 offenses against people.
Around 889 larceny thefts, 291 burglaries, and 107 motor vehicle thefts were recorded. Approximately, 106 aggravated assaults, 69 rapes, and 16 robberies were among the violent crimes reported.
Of the nearly 23,000 crimes committed in Monroe County, MI since 1999 right up to 2008, only about 1900 were violent criminal instances. These included nearly 10 homicides and over 300 rapes. However, the remaining cases of the decade-long figure were all property crimes. On average, a crime is reported in the area every 3 hours, which puts the daily rate of crime at almost 8 incidents.