An active arrest warrant issued by a criminal court in Marquette County is not a judicial order bound by time or geography. To put it simply, such arrest warrants can be executed at any time after their release and any place.
So, if there is an outstanding warrant from Marquette in your name, you can not only get arrested within the county or the state of Michigan but also outside. Another fact to reckon with is that law enforcement can swoop down on you at any moment to take you into custody.
This means that you could very well be arrested from your home, workplace, or even in a public area. Also, the detention can occur at any time after the warrant issue, so it would be a grave error to assume that old arrest warrants are harmless.
These factors should give you reason enough to do a warrant search in Marquette County in your name, even if you have no arrest records in the area to speak of. Fortunately, there are several options available for people who would like to find out more about arrest warrants issued by the judicial system in the county; these include:
- The office of the magistrate: 234 W Baraga Ave, Marquette, MI 49855
- The office of the county clerk: 232 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette, Michigan 49855
While the court dockets are a reliable source of information on warrants, if you are looking for an extensive background search on a third party, including the low down on any past arrest records in the name of your subject, try the sheriff’s office. The department works out of 236 W Baraga Ave, Marquette, Michigan 49855.
Can you get any information pertaining to Marquette County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- You can call the Marquette County jail at 906-225-8445 for an inmate search and details pertaining to inmate services
- You can connect with the Sheriff’s Office at 906-225-8435 for information on warrants and to request an arrest report or other police reports.
- You can reach the Civil Clerk via phone at (906) 225-8463 for information on bench warrants.
- You can connect with the Court Administrator’s Office at (906) 225-8235/(906) 485-5579 (District Court) and (906) 225-8205 (Circuit Court), for help on accessing judicial records.
- You can contact the County Prosecutor’s Office at 906-225-8315 for victim/witness assistance.
Crime statistics of Marquette County
Marquette County’s yearly crime average decreased by 43% in 2019, reaching 102 incidents. Violent crimes led to the filing of 15 complaints. Among these were 6 occurrences of rape and 8 cases of serious assault. Larceny-theft accounted for 77 of the property crime complaints, while burglaries accounted for 3 of them.
Marquette County, Michigan, is at the lower end of the crime spectrum compared to some of the other areas of the state, with just 800 instances of reported crime each year. A closer look at the criminal incident figures reveals a dangerous and rising trend as an average of 30% more criminal reports were being filed in 2008 compared to the number of complaints in 1999.