If you are interested in searching for active arrest warrants in Van Buren County, Michigan, you will find a plethora of options available. All arrest records and information on outstanding warrants are stored by several government and federal agencies as a matter of routine.
However, when you seek a warrant search, it would be most appropriate to apply to one of the three agencies mentioned below. All three of them are directly or indirectly involved in the process of warrant issue.
Van Buren County’s police get the ball rolling by submitting an affidavit in court complaining about a crime and the person accused of committing it. All case-related facts are provided to the court at this point, and based on these, the sitting judge may/may not issue arrest warrants.
Once an active warrant is issued in Van Buren, it is immediately sent to the local police department’s court services division from where it is sent for execution. So, the sheriff’s office has a vast database of all arrest records and warrant-related information. To access these details, go to 205 S Kalamazoo, Paw Paw, Michigan 49079 and put in a formal request.
The judiciary can also come to your rescue when seeking background information on an individual. Both the magistrate’s court and the county clerk’s office will be able to help you out with the information you need as all trial proceedings are stored in the court dockets.
To visit the magistrate’s office of Van Buren, go to 1007 E Wells St, South Haven, MI 49090. The county clerk’s office is located at 212 Paw Paw Street, Suite 102, Paw Paw, Michigan 49079.
If you need information on Van Buren County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- The Van Buren County jail can be contacted for details on arrests and an inmate search- 269-657-2171.
- The Criminal Investigation Unit will provide information about criminal matters under investigation to victims- 269-657-2006.
- The Sheriff’s Office provides general information and accepts complaints on their non-emergency phone line- 269-657-3101.
- The Clerk of Court’s office can provide information about initiating a search for judicial records-269-657-8222/269-637-5258 (District Court) and 269-657-8218 (Circuit Court).
- The Prosecutor’s Office will provide information on victim-witness assistance- 269-657-8239.
Crime statistics of Van Buren County
In 2019, over 473 crimes were reported in Van Buren County. Of these, nearly 376 were property crimes and around 97 were violent crimes. That was an increase of 17% from the 570 complaints filed in 2018.
Property crimes included nearly 231 larceny-theft cases and over 114 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 63 instances of aggravated assault, 32 cases of rape and 1 of robbery.
Crime date of only the 8 years between 2001 and 2008 is available for Van Buren. An analysis of these figures shows that there has only been a single-digit increase in the overall crime rate. In fact, the annual crime average has held almost steady at a bit over 1700.