There is no specific instance at which you ought to get a Lake County arrest warrant search. These inquiries are best conducted at regular intervals, whether you are looking for information about yourself or someone else. Because hundreds of active warrants are issued every day in MI, and an equal number of arrests are also made, you never know when new records can get added to an old background report.
If personal crime history data is what you are after, you will find that conducting periodic inquiries into the issue of arrest warrants in your name will help you to spot if your identity is being misused. Although the police leave no stone unturned to ascertain that the Lake County active warrant is being issued against the right person, sometimes, unscrupulous people steal the identity of others and use it for illicit activities.
This can go on for years before the offender is nabbed. So, inquiring about warrants and arrest records in your name is a good way to find out about such an untoward eventuality. If you were never involved in criminal acts, you have nothing to fear. Yet, to avoid arrests at the outset, it would help to take a lawyer along to the sheriff’s office.
If the veracity of your claims can be confirmed, the arrest records and information on Lake County outstanding warrants in your name will quickly be erased, and you can go back to leading a normal life. If you are interested in such inquiries, you can fill the form on top of this page to conduct the search through a private agency, or go to:
- Law enforcement agency: 1153 Michigan Ave, Baldwin, Michigan 49304
- The county magistrate: 10th St, Baldwin, MI 49304
- The clerk of court: PO Drawer B, Baldwin, Michigan 49304
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from County over the phone? (2021-current)
- If you are interested in learning about recent arrests, contact the Jail at 231-745-6201.
- If you want to learn about requesting an arrest report or information on active warrants, call the Front Desk of the Sheriff’s Office at 231-745-3165.
- If you need details about a criminal case, call the Detective Division at 231-745-3564.
- If you want more information about obtaining criminal court records, connect with the Clerk’s Office at 231-745-3187.
- If you need information on victim-rights and/or victim-witness assistance, call the Prosecutor’s Office at 231-745-2775.
Crime statistics of Lake County
The Lake County Sheriff’s Department filed roughly 245 criminal reports in 2019. More than 200 of the reported offenses were property crimes, while only about 45 were crimes against people. The majority of the property crime cases involved larceny-theft (128 cases) and burglary (65 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 29 cases of aggravated assault and 13 of rape, among other offenses.
In Lake County, Michigan, almost 330 criminal complaints are registered yearly. This held despite a drop of almost 60% in the rate of violent crime and a decrease of nearly 30% in overall crime. Of the annual complaints, about 8% were brought in against violent criminal acts, and nearly 50% of all incidents occurred within a one-mile radius of the victim’s office or home.