To understand how an active warrant from Manistee County, Michigan can impact a person’s personal and professional interests, it is crucial to know how such an order can be defined. Arrest warrants are essentially orders from the court which are meant to direct the police to bring a particular person accused in a criminal matter before the tribunal.
However, this definition is often confusing as it seems to relegate the role of the cops in the process of warrant issue. In reality, it is the sheriff’s office that plays an instrumental role in getting the judiciary to issue an active warrant in Manistee County. The cops investigate a criminal case and file the formal request for an active warrant when one is needed.
This is when the judiciary steps in to analyze the evidence in the matter. This is done in the interest of the accused as well as law enforcement. If there isn’t substantial proof at this point, the chances are that the police may not find enough evidence to make the charges stick. In such a scenario, arresting the accused on the mere basis of suspicion would prove futile and would not be in the best interest of the state.
While the court of the magistrate and the police department are actively involved in the issue of active warrants from Manistee, the county clerk’s office is brought in to prepare the court dockets. So, in essence, information on outstanding warrants and arrest records are kept by all three departments. To avail of this data, you can connect with these agencies and fill the formal warrant search form.
- Sheriff’s department: 1525 E Parkdale Ave, Manistee, Michigan 49660
- Office of the Magistrate: 415 3rd St, Manistee, MI 49660
- Office of the County Clerk: 415 3rd Street, Manistee, Michigan 49660
How do you get information about Manistee County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- Questions on recent arrests: 231-723-6085
- Inquiries pertaining to warrants and arrest records: 231-723-8393 (Manistee County Sheriff’s Department), 231-723-2533 (Manistee City PD), or 231-779-6040 (Michigan State Police)
- Criminal investigation-related inquiries: 231-723-8393, ext. 5118
- Questions pertaining to victim/witness assistance: 231-398-3520.
- Inquiries about criminal court records: 231-723-3331 (Circuit Clerk).
Crime statistics of Manistee County
Manistee County’s yearly crime rate decreased by 16% to 157 incidents in 2019. Of the cases reported, 39 were violent crimes. These included 17 rape cases and 22 violent assaults. Larceny-theft was the subject of almost 94 property crime complaints, while burglaries were the subject of 19 cases.
Despite an increase of almost 40% in crime rates, the annual criminal incident rate of Manistee County, MI, has stayed at a mediocre level with no more than 300 complaints filed yearly. Of these, almost 8% are against violent criminal acts. A clearer picture emerges when the total criminal incident rate of the 7 years from 2002 to 2008 is considered. Through this period, 140 cases were filed against violent crime of the total 1900 criminal complaints.