Like with most other Michigan counties, Houghton has scarce sources of information when it comes to an online warrant search. In fact, while state police offer a way to look up the names of convicted offenders through an internet-based search tool, you will not be able to find details on people involved in criminal matters that did not result in a conviction.
Yet, for a lot of people, the idea of getting information on active warrants from Houghton County, Michigan, entails a trip to the local sheriff’s office. While the agency can offer a wealth of information on all criminal matters along with a most wanted list, this option is certainly not open for individuals who have an outstanding warrant out in their name.
A brush of any kind with the law can result in immediate arrest for such a person. So, if you fear that one or more arrest warrants may already have been issued against you in Houghton, Michigan, it would be best to look for information on these detention decrees through private, online sources. You can access a third party database by filling the form above.
However, if you are not the subject of such an inquiry, you can approach many government agencies for information on arrest warrants. Apart from the police and the magistrate’s office, you can also go to the county clerk’s office for a warrant search. These agencies are located at:
- The sheriff’s office: 403 E Houghton Ave, Houghton, Michigan 49931.
- The clerk of court’s office: 401 East Houghton Avenue, Houghton, Michigan 49931
- The magistrate’s office: Given above
Is it possible to get information on Houghton County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Sheriff’s Department- 906-482-0055.
- To get information on traffic fines, call the Magistrate’s office at 906-482-1285.
- To gain access to judicial records, call the Court Administrators at (906) 482-4980 (District Court) and (906) 482-5420 (Circuit Court).
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate at 906-482-3214.
Crime statistics of Houghton County
Around 59 cases of property crimes and 3 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Houghton County Police in 2018. The annual crime average was 62 incidences.
Nearly 1 cases of rape, 0 case of robbery, and 2 cases of serious assault were among the violent crime cases filed. There were 15 burglaries, 40 larceny-theft reports, and 4 motor vehicle theft complaints among the property crimes reported.
Only about 300 incidents of crime are reported in Houghton County, MI every year; this after an increase of nearly 40% in overall crime rates. As far as violent criminal acts are concerned, the frequency of such incidents has grown by almost 15% to scale at nearly 20 occurrences per year.