In Grand Traverse County, MI, the sheriff’s department frequently approaches the court to get active arrest warrants in criminal matters. These are cases in which a spot arrest could not be made, and the police need to apprehend a person from his home or office or a third party premises. Arrest warrants issued in such cases are irrevocable.
This means that once out, they will stay in effect until such time that the person in question is arrested. Those that do not get served for any odd reason are held back in the law enforcement system as outstanding warrants. The sheriff’s office keeps information on warrants in Grand Traverse County and has all possible data on arrest records.
So, if an arrest was ever made in any criminal matter at all in Grand Traverse, the police can furnish details on it. For this reason alone, you should start your warrant search at the sheriff’s department. They are located at 851 Woodmere Ave, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, and you can connect with them on 231-995-5001.
For judicial assistance in the matter, you can either go to the Grand Traverse Magistrate’s office or approach the county clerk’s office. Both these judicial agencies maintain case records called court dockets. To approach the magistrate’s office, go to 400 Boardman Ave, Traverse City, MI 49684.
Also located at the same address in the courthouse is the county clerk’s office. They will provide direct access to their case database to public applicants through their network of in-house terminals.
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Grand Traverse County over the phone? (2021-current)
- To know about recent arrests: Call the Corrections Division at 231-922-4532/ 231-922-4530 (After hours)
- To find out about outstanding warrants: Call the Sheriff’s Department at 231-922-4532.
- To access inmate records: Get in touch with Jail Administration at 231-922-4535.
- To know about the investigation of a criminal case filed by you: Call the Detective Bureau at 231-995-5002
- To request an arrest report and/or other police reports, call the Records Division at 231-995-5000.
- To file a non-emergency complaint: Call the Sheriff’s Office at- 231-995-5001.
- To know more about accessing criminal court records: Contact the Clerk’s Office at 231-922-4580 (District Court) and 231-922-4701 (Circuit Court).
- To know about assistance available for crime victims: Call the Victims’ Advocate at 231-922-4607.
Crime statistics of Grand Traverse County
The Grand Traverse Sheriff’s Office handled 655 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 620 in 2018. Of these, 510 were property offenses and 145 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 430 larceny thefts, 65 burglaries, 15 auto thefts, 82 aggravated assaults, 57 rapes, and 4 robberies.
Of the 1300 criminal incidents recorded every year in Grand Traverse County, Michigan, only about 120 are violent crime incidents. Property thefts and damage crimes add significantly to the annual figure with over 900 incidents. Through the decade that ended in 2008, both violent and overall crime decreased significantly.