In Huron County, Michigan conducting a warrant search means that you will have to physically go down to the office of the sheriff or the magistrate, fill a formal request form and pay a small fee to access information on arrest records and outstanding warrants.
Of course, if this seems too much trouble, you can always look online for details on active warrants issued in Huron, Michigan. However, remember that although the information offered in privately maintained repositories is sourced from government agencies, you will have to go through a state source if you need the report notarized.
For Huron County arrest warrants and records, you can approach:
- The office of the sheriff: 120 S Heisterman, Bad Axe, Michigan 48413
- The county clerk’s department: 250 East Huron Avenue, Room 203, Bad Axe, Michigan 48413
- The court of the magistrate: Same as above
An active warrant issued in Huron, Michigan, will have all information about the criminal and the illicit act he is accused of. So, when you request information on such arrest orders, you will be given details on why the person in question was arrested, the charges filed against him, when the accused was taken into custody, and the court’s verdict in the matter.
Because the law considers the accused to be innocent until proven guilty in court, a mere arrest will not show up in the background check unless the matter initiated against the individual culminates in a conviction. However, the police will furnish information even on those arrests where a warrant was not availed from the court. This is usually done when the alleged offender is apprehended while committing the crime or right after.
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Huron County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Call the Huron County Jail Main Office’s phone number to learn about recent arrests- 989-269-6424.
- Call the Undersheriff (victims only) to speak with a detective who is working on your case- 989-269-6500.
- Call the Sheriff’s Records Office to request arrest records, police reports and to conduct local criminal history check- 989-269-6500
- Call the County Prosecutor’s Office to reach Victim/Witness Services-989-269-9255.
- Call the Clerk of Court for access to judicial records- 989-269-9987 (District Court) and 989-269-7112 (Circuit Court).
Crime statistics of Huron County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Huron County dealt with about 107 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 91 of the complaints. There are 57 larceny theft cases, 31 burglary cases, and 3 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 8 instances of assault and 7 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
In Huron County, Michigan, almost 700 crimes are reported every year, which puts the daily average of crime at nearly two incidents every 24 hours. Of the total criminal activity, an estimated 7% or almost 440 incidents per year can be attributed to violent criminal acts.