Although the area’s crime rates are not exceptionally bad, an arrest warrant search in Oscoda County, MI, is still recommended as a safety measure that ought to be considered by civilians and business owners. Because an inquiry on arrest records and outstanding warrants will get you a complete criminal history report, this is a surefire way to determine if there are any criminal red flags in the past of an acquaintance or employee.
For an inquiry that pertains to active warrants, you can go to any agency linked with the process of issuing and serving these orders. Let us consider the sheriff’s office first, which is rightly on top of the list of agencies to visit for any inquiry into arrest warrants. Everybody knows that cops are sent out to make arrests, but few understand that even the issue of active warrants in Oscoda County hinges on the police’s efforts.
The information brought in by the deputies of this agency on which the issue of these detention directives is based. The magistrate studies the probable cause affidavit prepared by the sheriff’s office before accepting or declining the plea for a warrant. This puts two state entities in the running for the top spot on the places to go to for an arrest warrant search.
Another department that will also offer information on Oscoda County arrest records and outstanding warrants is the county clerk’s office. It is well known that this agency maintains a perpetual presence in the courtrooms across the state to record the court dockets. To access these case files, you can visit the office of the clerk of court in person or go to any of the other agencies listed below.
- Law enforcement: 301 S Morenci Ave, Mio, Michigan 48647
- Judiciary: 311 Morenci Ave, Mio, MI 48647
- County clerk: PO Box 399, Mio, Michigan 48647
How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Oscoda County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Details on arrests can be obtained by calling the Sheriff’s Office- (989) 826-3214.
- Requests for criminal court records can be made by calling the Oscoda County Clerk’s office – 989-826-1111 (Felony Records) and 989-826-1106 (Misdemeanor Records).
- Details about initiating a case search can be obtained from the Office of the Court Administrator- 989-826-1107
- Assistance for crime victims can be requested by contacting the Oscoda County Prosecutor’s Office at 989-826-1119.
Crime statistics of Oscoda County
Oscoda County’s yearly crime average decreased by 12% in 2019, to reach 92 incidents. Violent crimes led to the filing of 18 complaints. Among these were 7 occurrences of rape and 11 cases of serious assault. Larceny-theft accounted for 47 property crime complaints, while burglaries accounted for 18 of them.
Nearly 240 criminal incident reports are filed in Oscoda County, Michigan, annually. Of the cases reported, less than 5% are made against violent criminal acts. The past few years have been quite good for the area in terms of crime; while there was a drop of almost 50% in reported criminal activity, the number of violent occurrences plunged by about 140%.