The procedure for the issue of arrest warrants in Menominee County, Michigan, is no different from that followed by other geographical divisions. The statute of limitations and the criminal code of Michigan are adhered to when an active warrant has to be released. Pursuant to these laws, the police and the magistrate’s court are responsible for the issue of warrants.
On their part, the cops play the role of investigators and submit all the information collected to the judiciary in an affidavit form. This is treated as a complaint which will eventually lead to the release of an active warrant. However, before the court grants such a detention order, it carefully studies all case-related facts. This is done with the express purpose of establishing probable cause.
Information about arrest records and outstanding warrants from Menominee County are held by the office of the sheriff, the magistrate’s court, and the county clerk’s department, which is in charge of maintaining the court dockets repository. Hence, a warrant search can be done through any of the agency offices given below.
- The county clerk: 839 10th Ave, Menominee, MI 49858
- The sitting magistrate: As given above
- The sheriff: 831 Tenth Ave, Menominee, Michigan 49858
The search results will almost be the same regardless of the report source; however, if you need additional data like a most wanted list for Menominee or civil records, you will have to choose the agency with care.
Can you access the Menominee County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- To access the report of an event handled by the police ( arrests and accidents), contact the Sheriff’s Office at 906-863-4668.
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 906-863-4441.
- To obtain information about a specific criminal complaint, call the Detective Division at 906-863-4668 ext. 2518.
- For details pertaining to the accused, use the Vine Line- 1-800-770-7657 or 906- 863-4441 ext. 305.
- For information on victim-witness help, call the Victim’s Advocate at 906-863-2002.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Court at 906-863-8532.
Crime statistics of Menominee County
Owing to the decrease of 18% in Menominee County’s yearly crime average, around 80 criminal complaints were submitted in 2019, compared to the 100 cases filed in 2018. Nearly 65 of these reports were submitted for property offenses, while the rest were for violent offenses.
Around 35 burglaries and 28 larceny thefts were reported as property offenses. The violent offenses reported included 13 complaints against assault and 5 against rape.
At least one person is a victim of crime in Menominee County, MI each day; through this, the annual crime rate can be calculated at just a bit over 360 incidents. Of the total 3000 criminal cases filed between 2001 and 2008, no less than 150 were against violent acts of crime. This puts the average of such incidents at just about 5% of the annual crime rate. Overall, there has been a distinctive improvement in the area’s crime scenario, with illegal acts across the board going down by 400% plus.